Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Finally got ice-skates and raring to go!
Could this be my first good year up north? Well, for starters, I know I will finally start ice-skating, just have to find out the schedules at the rink... and then see if I can stand up! Last time skating was 14 years ago, and the time before was 30 years ago, and we won't even go into when I actually used to go skating on a slightly regular basis! $2.00 for seniors, that's not bad at all. These new skates are very different from what I've skated with before. For one thing they are not white. For another they do not lace up... How am I going to carry them over my shoulder?? I will get guards put on them before I go, and I already have a helmet.. don't want to break anything, that's why I haven't skated in the past 4 years since moving up here, broken ankle! There's no way my ankle is going to move in these skates, believe me. Now, if I could just get out ice-fishing again, my winter would be complete! Maybe I'd better make a snow angel first for good luck, do you think? It's got to knock some weight off, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Did you ever go skating? I'm 66 and what I wouldn't give to go ice-skating again! I've had both knees replaced and my right shoulder has been replaced plus the left one needs a replacement, so I really am afraid of falling. I hope you didn't fall if you did go skating and had lots of fun.
Sandy
I haven't been yet, but it's still in my mind. It got too complicated to get any ice time. The town is beginning to prepare the land for building a second arena, so looking forward to that. Hope it's built before too many years! LOL!
Post a Comment